Canterbury Bells

Canterbury Bells
Canterbury Bells represent Gratitude in the Language of Flowers

Saturday, February 1, 2020




 A NEW YEAR AWAITS

Blog Feb 1, 2020

It’s been a year since I posted to my blog!  Well, 357 days to be exact.  Excuses? Oh, I have plenty.  I finished two books, traveled to Italy with the Duffy family, did the beach week with the family in San Diego, did a Grandmother-Grandaughter trip with Marielle to Kansas (Space camp) and then the unplanned spontaneous biggee-- moved from 30 years in Ahwatukee to Sun Lakes.  Photo above was the sunrise my first morning here. God’s way of telling me it was the right move.

So lots of changes in my life.  But the biggest change is that the Lord is now very present.  I am grateful for so many blessings and mainly that he has opened my heart to daily joy after several years of grieving.  My new favorite song is “Why Me Lord” sung by Roy Clark but written by Kris Kristofferson. (a little trvia from Ken Burns’ Country Music special, which by the way is excellent.)  But I digress.

The words in the song that speak to me are “What have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I’ve known?”  This move has made me aware, once again, of how kind people are. I had so much help moving—both emotionally and physically!  People loading the trunks of their cars, their trucks, hanging pictures, packing and unpacking, and expressing their good wishes for my new home. 

I’ve  also gained a new confidence (sort of) in doing things I never did before. Simple things that most people already knew or did, but let’s face it, I have been spoiled by having strong men in my life who insisted on doing the “man” thing. Lifting, pounding ,installing, driving, and in general taking really good care of me. 

At age 78, I’m learning to be more self-sufficient. I even hung some pictures the other day without slamming my thumb. My tool box consists of 3 hammers, (one regular and two gold girly ones), a few screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers. Anything that requires more than those tools will be hired out.  I discovered Task Rabbit…more about that after they finish their first job for me next Tuesday. Or should I say first “task”?

It feels good to be blogging again—my goal is to not wait another year to continue.

I close with Proverbs 3:5-6. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”



No comments:

Post a Comment